Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dare I say it..... my new favorite!

On our way to Morocco, we did a quick two-day stop over in Seville!  Brilliant!

Spain has a tendency to nag at you, whispering deep into your soul saying, "I'm the best".  I think I just might be succumbing to the pressure; don’t tell Susan!

With only two nights and one day to explore, we didn't have much time to find the hidden food and cultural gems of Seville, but we managed to find some.


Cathedral of Seville


Entrance to the Alcazar Castle


She keeps staring at me!




Tapas, of course, rule the roost in Spain!  Megs and I found an amazing tapas bar to gorge ourselves; actually we did the same tapas bar both nights!  During the day we wandered the maze of streets exploring, and in the evening, we set out to find Flamenco dancing (which I thought was flamingo dancing), oops. 


quail egg over sausage and toasted french bread


Serrano ham


BBQ steak and potatoes with Chile Relleno


finish with an espresso


We settled into the hidden bar about an hour early to land front row seats and snag some sangria.  About 11pm, the party started with singing, guitars, and two passionate Flamenco dancers.  We found our Spanish culture that night…..







they danced with such passion


As we rolled out of town towards our ferry in Tarifa, we stopped for a bus (smoke and potty) break where we found Megan's final prize!  Fresh squeezed orange juice.  Yuuuum!

Off to Morocco..........   

1 comment: